Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins + plus pressure release 10 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water, recommend using warmed boiled water, or milk or stock
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- Chopped scallion , optional
- Whisk the eggs with the 200 ml of water. Sift through a sieve to remove the foams. Or use a spoon to remove them. Pour in a 15-cm / 6-cm porcelain bowl or a dish.
- Prepare your Instant Pot: Put in a trivet. Pour in the 1 cup of water. Place the bowl of whisked eggs on the trivet. Cover with foil. Close the lid. Turn the steam release handle to “sealing” position. Press the “steam” button, low pressure cooking for 10 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes. Press the “cancel” button. Turn the handle to “venting” position. Once the valve drops, open the lid.
- Carefully remove the seamed eggs from the pot. Garnish with coriander. Drizzle some light soy sauce to taste.
The ratio of eggs and water used is quite crucial as it controls the texture of the end product. Egg : Water - 1 : 1.5
You can add replace some water with milk to make milk steamed egg if you like.