Stir Fry Garlic Chicken
Prepare: 10 Mins
Cooking: 12 Mins
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (Optional)
- Mix garlic salt, pepper and cornstarch with the chicken cutlets in a bowl
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, then heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer
- Cook for 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Lower heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.