Toasted Walnut and Mixed Green Salad with Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, halved
- 1/2 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 2 pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Ground black pepper
How to toast walnuts
Toast walnuts at 375 degree for 20 min. Stir. Let the walnuts dry.
- 1 lb walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, shallots, Dijon mustard and oil. Whisk together.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Top with pears, toasted walnuts and dried cranberries. Drizzle over cranberry vinaigrette just before serving.